Sunday, August 5, 2007

Lindsay Says Being Alone Freaks Her Out

Lindsay Lohan Elle Lindsay Lohan has been AWOL since being arrested on July 24 for driving under the influence, her second DUI in two months. The first time, she was popped in the wee hours of May 26 in possession of a "usable amount" of cocaine.

Thirty-six hours before she was arrested in May, Lohan sat down with Elle magazine and talked candidly about the trappings of fame, rehab, and drunk driving ("I wouldn't violate," she said. "I'm much more responsible than that. I would not do that." Oops.).

Elle's September issue doesn't hit newsstands till August 7, but it's already making headlines with today's report in the New York Post that the 21-year-old actress pilfered designer clothes from the set and ignored calls asking her to return the wares.

See interview highlights below…

On attending rehab at Wonderland before her 21st birthday:
"I was growing up and going out a lot, and I needed to have a balance. I was glad I went, because I needed to get away from everyone and I didn't know how to do that. And I learned a lot there. A bunch of my friends – I was with them last night – they're in AA for, like, years."

On former fling Calum Best:
"I like him. He's me in male form. We're very similar. Stubborn, rebellious, very smart, coy, a little bit narcissistic – I think all actors have a little bit of that, and so they should. We'll be kidding around, like the other day when we were in the Bahamas … I was walking by some mirror. And he caught me looking in the mirror and he goes, 'I caught that!' I was like, 'Damn, I look good!'

On the media firestorm surrounding her:
"I feel like the asshole, the idiot, because I feel like I'm distracting from the other things that are important, like global warming and that kind of stuff. I genuinely mean that. And I don't know what to do."

On avoiding fame:
"I hate it, like, when these people say, 'Well, why do you go to the Ivy if you don't want …' Seriously, I like their food! I can't go to a restaurant? I know I'm going to get pictures taken. I'm fine with it. And I'm going to go have their food. People give you shit for it: 'Don't go on Robertson!' What, I can't drive down the street?"

On being photographed without underwear:
"It was once, and it was when I was in Venice. And I was rushing through the room, threw the Prada dress on. And that's what happened. And I didn't even see the picture. I don't look at that shit – that's gross. If I wear a dress I have underwear on."

On sleep troubles:
"I have really bad insomnia. My whole life. I get nervous at night going to bed, and being awake alone really freaks me out."

On her career aspirations:
"I just want to be nominated for an award for all the work I've done. It's so funny – people forget that I played two characters in Parent Trap when I was twelve years old."

On the media:
"If I'm wearing a nude thong, they retouch it. I f—k around on my computer – I know how easy it is. They make my face look swollen. I'm like, 'Are you that bored?' I hear things about the night before that never even happened. Like, they said I was dating my best friend – the Samantha Ronson thing. She's my best friend!"

No comments: